Friday, April 15, 2011

Voila! An easy dinner tonight!!

Well I guess since it is my first day to start my blog it seems only fitting for me to post on tonight's dinner. I plan on posting a lot of recipes so I may as well get started. We didn't have anything fancy, basically I was just creating a meal from last night's left overs. With this being said I think I should add that right now my family is trying to cut a few calories and eat only non-processed foods. We don't always succeed at this but I think we do pretty good. You will notice I'm using sweet potatoes and only 100% whole wheat buns. Just a few little things to make the meal somewhat healthier.


Ingredients for the sweet potatoes.



I only had shredded parmesean so I had to grate it myself with a knife. Also, since we are in the process of moving I don't have my full kitchen so I make due with whatever utensils I brought to the apartment.


Parmesean cheese after I grated it.


Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into strips. Sweet potatoes are harder to cut than regular potatoes so make sure you have a sharp knife. Put them in a bowl and add the salt, pepper, grated parmesean and some olive oil. Just sprinkle a tablespoon or so of the olive oil over the potatoes and mix the ingredients together.

Spread potatoes onto a cookie sheet and bake at about 425 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes.



No this does NOT look pretty, but nobody will ever be the wiser once you serve them a yummy left over dinner from last nights pork tenderloin.



Dice the pork or shred as small as you can. Pour your favorite bbq sauce over it and mix well. This recipe works well with any kind of left over meat. Beef, chicken or pork. Bake the mixture in the oven with the potatoes for about 20 minutes to heat.


And here you have it!!! BBQ pork sandwiches with sweet potatoe fries!! And trust me if someone in your family thinks they do not like sweet potatoes then just feed them roasted one's with parmesean cheese. They WILL become a fan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment